Tuesday 26 May 2015

Time to lose my Mummy tummy. My current weight, measurements exercise routine and goals.


It's time. It's been 6 months - it's time I started to do some exercising. I'm not looking to lose weight but I do want to tone and, hopefully, lose my mummy tummy.

My Dad just so happens to be an ex-gym owner, gym bunny and all round fitness freak so... who better to write me an exercise programme to slowly get me back in to exercising then him?

Before I became pregnant I was super fit, relatively toned and happy with how my body looked. Fast forward 13 months or so to now and I'm not so happy with how I look. Obviously, I've had a baby and when you've had a baby, naturally, your body changes and stretches in order to accommodate said little human. Not only do you physically change but it can also affect how you feel about yourself. 

I'm not interested in dropping tonnes of weight I just want to feel happy and more confident about myself and be comfortable in my own skin. Yes I know, I need to go easy on myself and be proud of my body as it created something incredible but it doesn't mean I can't exercise, be healthy and tone my new baby body - let's face it physiologically somethings change permanently - I am embracing it but I still want to improve it and therefore, hopefully, improve my self confidence. 

So, blogging about my journey to losing my Mummy tummy and "feeling good about myself" seems like a good way to keep myself motivated and maybe help other Mum's to kick start their journey into feeling good about themselves too.

So, here goes...

My "before" pictures.


My current weight and measurements:

Weight: 57.3kgs
Hips: 90cm
Abdomen (belly button level): 87cm
Waist (narrowest part): 85.5cm
Thigh: 51cm

My goal weight: 54cm (what I was pre-pregnancy)

During my pregnancy I suffered from severe Diastasis Recti (abdominal muscle separation) with up to 10 - 12 cm of separation. Now, it has decreased to 1 cm but that 1 cm is just not decreasing any further and so, my other goal is to try and get my ab muscles back to normal.

My Dad set me a program to start me off and is aimed at slowly easing me back into exercise without putting to much strain on my body. It's designed to target all of my "problem area's" and will take a maximum of 30mins every day or every second day - depending on what sort of day Ella and I are having.

The programme is as follows:

Swiss ball squats
Push ups
Dumbbell Rows
Dumbbell should presses

Planks
Dumbbell curls
Chair dips
Side planks

 Crunches

The aim is to start with 1 set of 12 for each exercise (for the first week) and increase up to 3 sets by the third week. Alternating legs with abs or arms so as not to isolate one specific area which allows those muscles to have a break while you focus on other areas.

Here is a little video of me doing a few of the exercises. I am hoping to upload a blog post at the end of the week with how I got on during the week and pictures of me doing each exercise. 

This post was meant to go up yesterday but due to computer issues, again, I had to upload it today. I started on Monday!





I really hope I can stick to this programme as I really want to get back into exercise and begin to feel good about myself and my body again. Having a 6 month old means everyday is different and I can't plan for anything but I will try and exercise as much as I can.

So, fingers crossed and wish me luck!




Disclaimer: I am not a trained professional. This fitness regime is tailored for me and I just wanted to share it with others. I am not suggesting that you MUST do this or that by doing this you will lose weight. I take no responsibility for any injury caused by anyone who chooses to follow these exercises.



1 comment:

  1. People ought to take note of the strategies and routines you have described here, including the diet plan. It helps a lot to draw fitness ideas from as many sources as possible, and to pay heed to as many experiences as possible, so people can have an idea of what type of fitness plan best suits them. Anyway, thanks for sharing your insight on the matter. Cheers!

    Penny Flowers @ Orangetheory Fitness

    ReplyDelete